Sunday 4 November 2012

Thumbs Up or Down for Nicole?

Derby Day in Melbourne..

Nicole Kidman at
Derby Day.
Nicole Kidman made an appearance at Derby Day in Melbourne over the week-end.   Whilst I love it that Nicole was there and added a glamour to The Melbourne Racing Carnival, I was a little disappointed in her outfit.  It's a bit "Gone with the Wind" don't you think?

Derby Day is traditionally Black and White, and I'm all for keeping the tradition thing going, and I loathe the fact that some girls go the races looking like they are going to a night club but I think Nicoles outfit is a bit daggy.  What do you think?






Sammy from
The Cutting Room Floor
Tomorrow is the Melbourne Cup.

What are you all wearing?  Dress Me GC is doing nothing at this stage. For the first time ever I have nothing planned and to be honest I am not unhappy about it.  The champagne will still be flowing and yes we will be watching.   Sammy from 'The Cutting Room Floor' is happy to miss the festivities and keep me company. Cheers Sam. 

Have a great day whatever you do and wherever you are. I know this is the pot calling the kettle black, but drink lots of water, make sure your shoes are comfortable and please make sure you have a great time and drink stacks of champagne!  If you have any good photos please email Dress Me GC Headquarters. They may get published: dressmegc@gmail.com

The bikes!
The Noosa Tri is over.  What an event! We had a great time, despite a few hic-cups.


We did it!
The Swimmer, the Turtle
 and The Cyclist.
I forgot my sports bra, so after beg borrowing and stealing I ended up with a combination of a bonds t-shirt bra and a Lorna Jane crop top bra over the top. Fortunately my running shirt covered up the mismatched mess, and it did the trick - except for the grazes I have from the underwire.  Lucky I'm not wearing anything with a low cleavage in the next few days!  My run started at roughly 11:15am so it was bloody hot!! I ran like a turtle -  56mins - one of my slowest 10ks yet!

The Swimmer smashed her swim leg PB, but got lost finding The Cyclist.  It was actually quite funny, because we (me and the husbands) could see both The Cyclist and The Swimmer trying to find each other, and we were all yelling - oh the chaos!! There were thousands of bikes, so you can understand The Swimmers agony!  The cyclist smashed it and rode like a pro! It was a great event and I thoroughly enjoyed participating with the girls. Love of My Life was very patient and a good support. It's not easy trapsing around event precincts with kids in tow, waiting for me to return from a run. Thank-you.

Timber Christmas Trees

It's that time of the year again, and I've been very busy with the saw, hammer & nails, and paint.  Yes I have been making Christmas Trees!

Timber Christmas Trees are available at dressmegc@gmail.com.au

They come in red, white or whatever colour you want. The big ones are approx: 1870cm high (base to tip), and 970cm wide. The small measure approx: 1300cm high and 600 wide.  They are all individually hand made are can slightly vary.

The big beauties are $220 and the smaller version is $150.  I am happy to deliver to Brisbane if necessary.  You can pay by visa, mastercard, paypal. bank deposit or cash on delivery.  Just let me know what colour and what size!

Dress Me GC is on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dressme.gc?ref=hl#!/
Dress Me GC is on Twitter: https://twitter.com/DressMeGC

Talk Tomorrow.






11 Comments:

At 5 November 2012 at 01:46 , Blogger Lisa said...

I love Nicole no matter what she wears!

 
At 5 November 2012 at 01:48 , Blogger Lisa said...

And where are the photos of Keith?

 
At 5 November 2012 at 02:13 , Anonymous Monique said...

Hi Carolyn, I think Nicole's outfit looks like a costume rather than an outfit for a race day. However, while the individual components of the dress are quite ugly, they somehow work as a whole. Not sure why. Nicole has natural grace (excuse the pun given her current line of work), but I think she is starting to look very much like a wax-work model of herself. I give her credit for getting it together despite the long distance she had to travel to make the appearance.

 
At 5 November 2012 at 03:42 , Blogger Dress Me said...

Keith would make any girl look good. She left her best accessory at home! Lol!

 
At 5 November 2012 at 03:46 , Blogger Dress Me said...

Yes. There is no reason not to like Nicole. She does need a bit of 'zip' though. Not GC bling - just a bit edgier? If that makes sense? Edgier? New word for the Dress Me GC vocab! Lol!

 
At 5 November 2012 at 03:49 , Blogger Sophie A-C said...

Whilst I love her taste in fashion generally this is OTT in an, as you said DressMe, a "Gone With The Wind" kind of way.....
Well done even if you felt like a turtle... I say good on you for even considering going in a Triathlon. Good old Wallumbilla has managed a Zumba class at the hall ..attended my first tonight and whilst I almost died from giggling I shall attend next week with hopefully a new "rhythm" (read that as co-ordination - never knew I was soooo un-co until this evening)!

 
At 5 November 2012 at 03:50 , Blogger Dress Me said...

Hi Monique, well said. I agree. There is nothing wrong with her outfit, she does look good. It's just a bit boring isn't it? Nicole is absolutely beautiful with skin to die for. Unfortunately her outfit didn't do her justice. Thanks for reading and commenting. Cx

 
At 5 November 2012 at 03:56 , Blogger Dress Me said...

That's funny! Well done for going tonight. I spend most of my classes in hysterics and have even been moved/seperated (like at school) on occasions from laughing too much! You are right - it us OTT.

 
At 5 November 2012 at 17:50 , Blogger Unknown said...

Dull as dishwater was Nicole.

 
At 5 November 2012 at 19:23 , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, awesome time on the run leg I think! You should join our Tough Mudder Team!! We're doing Brisbane in August 2013!!! My husband and kids are always dropping me off + hanging out + picking me up at event precincts. I look at it as setting a good example! It's good for them to see Mummy doing things other than attending to their every need! Hopefully one day we can all do some fun runs together. Hope they're not too slow!!!

 
At 2 December 2012 at 11:53 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's nothing...I once had to play a baseball game withou my cup!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Dress Me GC: Thumbs Up or Down for Nicole?

This page has moved to a new address.

Thumbs Up or Down for Nicole?